Sunday 8 September 2013

Unteachable by Leah Raeder

In the last 24 hours, I've read this book twice.

First time because the cover looked really cool, and I was trying to cleanse my palate after reading a horrible story.

Then I read it again, just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating the first time. And I was afraid I missed one the while reading it the first time.

I try not to compare authors, but in order for you to understand how incapacitated I've become over my love of this book in such a short time, it might help. The comparisons have nothing to do with the story lines, the characters, but the absolute brilliant way these authors write.

At 17%, the book could have stopped. The rest of the pages could have been blank, and this still would be one of my most favourite books of all time.

The author writes beautifully descriptive words like Katja Millay, and with pure human honesty like Tarryn Fisher. If you know me, these are not names I toss around lightly. Along with these women, Leah Raeder is one of the select few who can make words like this and and sound like the most stunning piece of poetry.

With saying that - READ ALL THE F***ING WORDS IN THIS BOOK. Even the copyright page. The story of Evan and Maise is worth it; Everything that Leah Raeder put in this book is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment