Wednesday 2 October 2013

Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

*NOT THE ACTUAL COVER*

>>>>>

I’ve NEVER been so angry at those little signs in my life. They’ve always behaved; minded their own business; stayed out of my books.

Until Colleen BUTTERFLYING Hoover put them in the copy of Finding Cinderella that was sent to me. And now all I want to do is kick the a** of the person that came up with them.

Now I know the novella is not out yet, you’re probably very jealous, but I got it through legitimate means, so suck it! You have two things going for you though; one – it will be out to the masses in November, and two – it’ll be FREE!

If you’re a fan of Colleen Hoover, you’ll know who Daniel and Six are. If you are a fan of Colleen Hoover and think I’m talking about Daniel Craig and the number 6, you’re nuts and shouldn’t read the rest of this...I SAID STOP!

Okay, so this a novella told from Daniel’s POV.

................................................................it’s really hard to compliment an author when your words might be misconstrued as insults to their previous works. So let’s clear the air. I adored Slammed. Fiended for Point of Retreat. Fell hopelessly in love with Hopeless. Wanted to make Losing Hope into a pillow so I could hug it every night while I slept with it.

While reading Finding Cinderella, I was like, Holder who? Will? Don’t know a Will. Now Daniel...yeah! This novella is THAT good. Screw good, it’s THAT eating-Reese’s-Pieces-on-top-on-french-vanilla-ice-cream-while-watching-a-YouTube-video-of-IandLOVEandYOU amazing!

The characters that I loved in Hopeless and Losing Hope make appearances, but to be honest, I never for a moment thought of them or their stories. This is the story of Daniel and Six, and Ms. Hoover never deviates for that.

It’s been a while since I’ve laughed so honestly while reading a book. I don’t think there’s anyone out there who can take ‘It’s a human?’ and have the reader almost pee their pants, and then subsequently get the hiccups from laughing for 5 (not six – god I’m funny!) minutes straight.

I’ve also had by heart shattered by books countless times. And this story took an over-sized sledgehammer to my ever-fragile organ. I can’t really talk about the story too much without giving stuff away. So when you get the notice that Finding Cinderella is LIVE, go and download it immediately. Then drink a large coffee with an espresso-shot so you can read it right away.

The only fault I found with this story was that it ended. And those >>>>>! GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment