Monday 5 May 2014

Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines

I'll be honest here. My reasons for wanting to read this book didn't have anything to do with the good looking guy on the cover. Hell, he could have been wearing a paper bag, and I still would have trampled over the elderly and taken candy from children if it meant that I got to read what THE Rush Finlay was thinking when he met Blaire Wynn.

But those cute little grandmothers and those precious babies were all safe from me, because by some sort of literary miracle, someone thought I was worthy of an ARC. And while this review might not be the most informative...uh - where was I? Crap. I was thinking about how I'm so incredibly jealous of Blair and she's a fictional character. Can you say squirrel?

I'm not going to get into the writing style. I'm not going to dissect the structure. Because I don't care about any of that. I would have gladly read this on 8.5 x 11 in size 6 font. Heck, I could have even taken random words if they meant that I would get insight to Rush. I NEEDED to read this book because from the moment that Fallen Too Far landed on my doorstep, I've been obsessed. Hell - I wanted to read Rush Too Far because Rush is HOT. Because the way Abbi Glines writes Rush is HOT. Because the way that Rush and Blaire are together is HOT.

Seriously, you immerse yourself in all-things-Rush to forget the fact that it's late-April and still feels like winter. You read all-things-Rush because you NEED to remember why you wanted a Range Rover about a year ago. You buy the biggest container of peanut butter known to man so you can somehow feel closer to him.

Abbi Glines writes really great escapism.

NOTE: There are people who will vouch for my addiction to this series, but it still needs to be said that even though I received an ARC from the publisher, it in no way influenced my 'review'.





No comments:

Post a Comment