Sunday 30 December 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber

I follow a total of 11 people on Twitter, and one of my favourite authors recommended this to her followers (she knows who she is), and like a good little reader that I am, I got the ebook.

I'm about to admit something which others really don't get: If I'm 'iffy' about a book, I'll buy it in ebook format, and then if I love it (which I usually do), I'll buy it in paperback as well.

This was the case of Easy. I wasn't ready to go on another roller coaster after Beautiful Disaster (even after 3 months) and was trying to read something more subdued. My heart wasn't ready to accept anything that resembled Abby and Travis. I was also a little reluctant because I really didn't think I was the target age group for these authors, and it's not like I was trying to reclaim or relive my youth. I purchased the ebook and didn't have any qualms about letting it sit there for a day or two. That didn't work. I think there were a mere 30 minutes between syncing my e-reader and taping the cover page for Easy.

I started the book when I usually start all my books - right before bed. I was obsessed with it within the first 4 pages. There is something about this certain group of authors and their ability to capture all the amazingness of what it is to be young, while still remembering that there are some shitty times in store for everyone, but that one can overcome with fantastic people by their side.

The Boy (because if you haven't read it, it the name might give it away) and Jacqueline don't have an ideal first encounter. It actually sucks to say the very least. But there's something very comforting about Jacqueline not giving up hope and shutting down completely. The hopeless romantic in me was cheering from the sidelines from the get-go, and even through the bumps in their story, I kept cheering them on, thinking only happy thoughts.

I finished the book around 1:30 in the morning, and bought the paperback on Boxing Day. I shoved it at my friend and told her to read it. If not for the entire story, then just for the anticipation of Economics.

I've reread it a handful of times since getting the first version just over a month ago - thank you TW for writing a book worthy of more than one format.

No comments:

Post a Comment