Sunday 30 December 2012

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

I purchased this ebook Dec.28th/2012, and according to my e-reader, it took exactly 7 hours from start to finish. It should be noted that I took a few breaks to do a couple of loads of laundry. So really it was 6 hours of pure reading.

I didn't know anything about this book, except that I really liked the author. I just finished her 2 other books, and it was killing me not to have anything else lined up. I quickly scanned the Twitter-verse and this book was mentioned a couple of times.

Within 3 minutes, it was on my e-reader. Because I didn't want to be a horrible mother neglecting her son for yet another book, I played superheros with O for 15 minutes until he said I wasn't doing it right and wanted to watch Thomas.

And so it began. From the very first page, I was hooked. I wanted Six to be my best-friend (though I have nothing against my current one). I had this sudden urge to go to a grocery store in hopes of finding Holder. As I kept reading, I realized that I had no idea what was going to happen next. Once in a while when reading, I feel a deja vu coming on and the rest of the book is ruined for me. I've been lucky with avoiding that for some time now (knock on wood) but had that nagging thought in the back of my mind like I was pushing my luck by reading 3 books by the same author in 3 days. Without giving much away, there were some crucial scenes that had me flabbergasted. I had to put the book down and splash water on my face just so I didn't cruse the book Gods.

There were parts that broke my heart, and parts that had me clapping my hands like a giddy school girl and screeching 'yaaay'.

I love LOVE. And I love LOVE even more when authors get it right (no matter what the relationships).



No comments:

Post a Comment