Monday 25 March 2013

Flat-Out Matt (ARC) by Jessica Park

This post contains a SPOILER so please stop reading NOW if you don’t want to find out what it is.

Last chance – you were warned!

Last night, I noticed a Facebook post by the amazing Jessica Park saying she was ready to vomit at the thought of hitting the “publish” button for Flat-Out Matt. I was fortunate enough to read the ARC, and suddenly I got scared. This story needs to be published. I’d normally write my thoughts on this story, but I think times like these require words of encouragement.

Just as they were about to jump, Matt asked Julie if she was scared.

“Yes! Yes, I’m scared!”

“I’ve got you!”

Then they jumped.

Ms. Park - if Julie can jump, you can push the button. You need to trust us readers to be your Matt (not in an inappropriate way or anything). We’ve got you. We won’t let anything happen to you or this story. We fell in love with Matt when we saw him through Julie’s eyes and we adore him for everything he is. You wrote Flat-Out Matt with such exquisite detail and the world needs to read your words. Matt went from being an incredibly sexy geek, to a heart-stopping-babies-will-be-named-after-him character who can hold his own with all the tattooed bad-boys, lovable rockers, and delicious bikers.

You did that! So embrace your awesomeness and hit the button!

No comments:

Post a Comment