Friday 15 March 2013

'Twas the night before Boston...

...and all through the house, the boy was asleep and I on the couch. What I should be doing is laundry and packing but I work better under tight deadlines. In all honesty, where is the excitement if you are not running around the house, knowing that if you even try to look for that must-pack item, you'll miss the plane?

Sometime in January, I went on +Simon & Schuster and noticed that Colleen Hoover was going to Boston in March. At this point, I was hooked on anything and everything to do with her, +Jamie McGuire , Tammara Webber, +Abbi Glines, and +Katja Millay.

Funny enough, my husband sent me to the Texas book signing. Ms. Hoover was going to be there with +Jamie McGuire and Tammara Webber - it was like having all the best days of my life mushed into one. To give credit where credit is due, I can honestly say that I would have never been introduced to any of these superb authors and their books if I had never read Beautiful Disaster.
 
I think going to Texas started something. When I saw BookBash, I called my younger sisters telling them that even if I have to pay for their airfare, we are going to Orlando. Turns out, Colleen Hoover, Tammara Webber, and +Jamie McGuire will be there as well. Nothing like owning 2 sets of autographed books. to make for an amazing 2013.

At BookBash I would finally get to meet +Katja Millay, +Abbi Glines, S.C. Stephens, +K.A. Tucker, +Tina Reber, and +Rebecca Donovan. Now don't get me wrong - there are other authors going to Orlando that I'm dying to meet, but these nine authors have been responsible for some of my seriously sleepless nights. This is where I try to stress that I do have a life and I'm not crazy. Because I'm not.

The decision to go to the Boston Author Event was a last-minute thing. I messaged +Jessica Park  asking why she wasn't going to the BookBash event in June. She had a conflict and told me I should come to Boston. My plane ticket and hotel were book within 36 hours of that conversation, but if my husband asks, I waited until after I spoke to him.

So I'm going to Boston to meet Jessica Park because she won't be at BookBash. And because I have a massive book-crush on Matt, which I need to thank her for.

And as of late today I decided I was going to send my best-friend-in-the-entire-world Reckless (S.C. Stephens) for her birthday. She lives in Estonia, and is obsessed. This works out perfect, because I just happen to have two copies and one will be snail-mailed to her next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment