Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face for the 100th time today. You're probably thinking I just finished the book moments ago. Nope. So wrong you are. I finished it yesterday around this time and I've been horribly distracted because of it for the past 24 hours. Swooning over fictional characters doesn't always make for a productive day.

I think some would agree with me when I say there are a few choice rock star 'book-boyfriends' out there who are worthy of mass hysteria (i.e. changing ones last name to that of the character's on social media, naming kids after him, tattoos, etc). Some authors will try to replicate a formula that works well for others, but somehow manage to fall short in the 'I'd leave my significant other for this a**hole with an amazing soul who is so effing hot so nothing else really matters' category.

And then there's David. Holy mother F*** (if I post this on amazon, they'll reject it because of the swear words, so I'm playing by their rules)! I'm not trying to promote another book in this post, but David Ferris gives Kellan Kyle a SERIOUS run for his money.

KK should be scared - really scared. Once the entire world discovers how delicious David is, husbands will be left, dogs won't be walked, and dinners won't be made (not trying to be sexist, so don't go there).

The gist of the story is that Evelyn Thomas wakes up in Vegas married to someone she vaguely recognizes. Turns out that 'someone' is David Ferris - as in a famous rock star. Before you think 'yeah, that's been done already', take a chill pill! The premise is old, but the writing is really sharp. The dialogue is hysterical, and the characters are really easy to love (I want Mal to be my friend!). The author has managed to take a cliche and make it one of the best books I've read this summer. And if for nothing else, read this book because of David Ferris. He's the perfect mix of alpha-male, vulnerable rocker, and sex on a stick.

p.s. for those in Toronto CANADA...wait until this heat wave passes, because you will combust! It's that HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment