Friday 12 July 2013

Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino

I finished this book about two weeks ago, and I'm still thinking about it. I figured anything that has the ability to stick with me deserves a review (even if it's just my rambling thoughts).

I bought this book because of the cover.

No other reason - just the cover.

There are numerous reasons to read this book; the well-developed characters, the angst, the brilliance of the heartbreak, the author's amazing writing style. But the reason I will reread this story more times that I will ever admit to: WILBUR.

Yep, the boy's name is Wilbur (though he goes by Will).

He's a musician. He's not a fan of flying. He loves dogs. He's very passionate. And he really loves Mia.

Mia.

I'm not a violent person, but I would have gladly gone a couple of rounds with her so she could have had some sense knocked into her.

Yes she has her reasons for not wanting to be with Will. I even get her trying to work through that and trying to find a guy that fits her idea of a 'future', but there were times where I just found her to be mean.

All that aside, this is a really good love story. It doesn't have a cliffhanger. It doesn't leave you with a thousand unanswered questions. This book gave me a fantastic ending that the HEA-feind in be is still reeling from.


No comments:

Post a Comment