Friday 12 July 2013

Picturing Perfect by Melissa Brown

This book has a lot of things going for it that make it a really great read.

Douche-nozzle of a boyfriend? Check! (Thank the ever-holy book-gods for how that turns out!)

Funny t-shirts? Check!

Totally swoon-worthy guy who is a WRITER and wears funny t-shirts? Check!

And this guy wears glasses? Check! (somehow, I love him just for this *sigh*)

THE best references to 80s music and movies? Check!

Hadley and Jason have known each other for a long time. She's been in love with him for what seems like forever. But seeing how he has felt about her, is what has made me a huge fan of this author.

I love love. But I go BANANAS when love is written in a way that has me hungover for days. Which is what this book did to me. Sure, Hadley and Jason's circumstances aren't ideal for fostering a lasting relationship. Yeah, not every guy out there is as stand-up as Jason. But somehow, you know everything is going to work out, because this was after all Jason.

I loved everything about this book. Except Tucker. That mo-fo needed a run-in with a speeding train for being the asshole of the year. I would have trashed the entire ebook had he gotten in the way of Hadley and Jason. And if he all of a sudden decided he wanted to be a part....AGH! I can't even say it. This was where my mind initially went, and I was ready to bring some hurt to my ereader. Imagination is a wonderful thing, except when it's all wrong!

But this is the story of Jason and Hadley, and from what I now know of the author, she really writes amazing love. There are two people who are meant to be. Then you get to the end, and in that moment, Jason Kelly will forever be alongside the likes of Noah Calhoun.

This is one of those books that is a must-read for every die-hard hopeless romantic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment