Thursday 14 February 2013

Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber


I purchased this book on Friday February 1st at 12:57pm. I remember the time because I used the receipt as my bookmark for the next 2 days as I consumed this book. The day I bought it, I made one ginormours error though – waiting to read until I was on my way home. I should have 'called in sick' after lunch. I almost stayed on the train so I could keep reading. For what’s possibly the 2nd time in my life, I thought that the 40 minute train ride and another 40 minute bus ride home weren’t long enough.

The story of Ryan and Taryn continues in such a realistic manner. From the first chapter, I was so flabbergasted by the author’s ability to take such an out-of-this world situation and make it seem so real. Love Unscripted was such a delight, but I really didn’t think it could get any better. And believe me; I lived for nothing but the first book when I got it.

It was such a relief to read about a couple trying to sort their issues out in a mature way (well, most of the time anyway). Yeah there were arguments, some tears, and what I would classify as adult versions of temper-tantrums. But even with all that, they talked. They reasoned. They tried to understand where the other was coming. They were never malicious towards each other. I loved Ryan’s protectiveness over Taryn, and her devotion to him during some really awkward moments. I could never truly empathize with being in love with such a public figure, but after reading this book, I’d give it a try if it was with Ryan. And I wasn’t already married.

In all the chaos that was their reality, you really saw that Ryan was just some guy who loved a girl. And that Taryn loved him just as much. Not for the celebrity. Not for the travelling. Not for the free clothes. Not for the money.

Just when I didn’t think I could love this book more than I already did, Ryan gave his speech. I'm a sucker for HEAs, and this one was PERFECT. I try not to fling the P-word around often, but when I do, I mean it wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment