Friday 8 February 2013

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

I really, really, REALLY liked this book. It took me a couple of days to get over this obsession with Braden, but even as I write this, I’m not sure it’s completely gone. And I’ve read the entire thing 3 times!

There have been some comparisons of this book to Fifty Shades. On Dublin Street lacks the erotica aspect, but the relationship between the two main characters is just as intense. The banter between Joss and Braden is hilarious at times, and I think it balances the otherwise heart stopping sexiness (couldn’t think of another word). There is something so delicious about a guy who acts like an ass, but has the ‘skills’, personality, and looks to back it up. Some might think I’m putting the women’s lib movement back some by saying that, but have you seen what people think Braden should look like? Holy mother!

Unfortunately, I’ve read some books in this genre that have been atrocious, but this book did not disappoint in the slightest. It was exactly what a hopeless romantic like me needed. I was so enamoured by the characters, that I noticed myself reading with a Scottish accent. I had to stop, because just the thought of hearing Braden with an accent was causing immensely inappropriate thoughts to occur.

This is a book you curl up with on your reading chair and ignore everyone for. And I’ll probably do this again several times in the upcoming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment