Sunday 20 January 2013

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

This was the book where I needed to have read something about it beforehand. If I had, I would have saved myself the torture. I mean the kind of torture where you reprimand yourself in the mirror for being so stupid for not knowing there was going to be a 2nd book. The kind of torture where you can't sleep, and any thoughts about this book make you growl (even in public places) quite loudly.

I sat in the same spot for 5 hours reading. I could not make myself move. I think I had an apple for dinner that day. My husband was being very supportive of my reading binge (I was on my 15th book in as many days), and I noticed I was getting irritated with him. I didn't want him to be nice. I wanted him to act like an ass - like Rush! That boy got under my skin like no ones business. When bad is done well, it's soooooo good!

The ending threw me into a tailspin and had me reeling for days. I had this image of the author sitting by her computer and laughing diabolically knowing she had us eating out of the palm of her hand. Not cool Ms. Abbi Glines, not cool at all.

I'm still contemplating on cashing in our investments and buying a Range Rover. It would be the perfect car to drive down when we finally move to the South (still trying to convince the husband of this, and that's the excuse I'd give him). I want to learn to make my "y'all"s sound authentic and learn to incorporate "roll tide" into my everyday language so I don't sound like a complete idiot. Now if the book was set in NYC, I'd move there instead. You get the picture...but I'd still buy the Range Rover.


No comments:

Post a Comment