Saturday 26 January 2013

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

I specifically picked this book because of the number of pages. I was heading to Texas and I desperately needed something to read on the plane. I also got Effortless, but more on that one later. But don’t read Effortless before you read Thoughtless – that mistake will drive you insane.

I have to admit that it took me a while (about 2 chapters) to get into this book, but I can assure you that I loved Kellan Kyle the first time I read his name. As the story progressed, I became a nervous wreck. I was having trouble concentrating on the words. I was battling myself because one part needed to read the end, while the other part kept screaming at me if I tried. I stopped biting my nails about 3 years back, but because of this book, I restarted the nasty habit (I’m hoping to kick the vice after I finish this series).

When I finally arrived in Allen, Texas, I had been up for 18 hours, 7 of which were spent either at the airport, on a plane, or getting shuttled to the hotel. I was exhausted but I was only ¾ through the book. When I finally had to put it down so I could get a few hours of sleep, I felt like I was saying goodbye to an important part of my life. Oh for the love of Pete’s – I knew it was only for the night, but it still took immense willpower. This book consumed my being. It got under my skin, but in the best possible way. I woke way too early the next morning. I felt like Denny, Kiera, and Kellan were screaming at me to finish the book.

I felt every ounce of angst that these characters were going through. At times, it was extremely difficult to turn the page because I didn’t think my heart could take any more. I noticed myself sighing as there were fewer and fewer pages towards the end. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like when I finally closed the book. How I would feel when I could no longer imagine Kellan saying “Mornin’” – AGHHH! Just writing this is driving me mad!
Now – go and read Thoughtless! When you are done (or if you read it already) start reading Effortless NOW!

Why are you reading this when you should be reading one of the above?

Really, the all caps NOW wasn’t enough? Stop reading this and start reading one of those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment