Saturday 5 January 2013

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

I never gave two shits about normal. I wanted extraordinary.
As a readers, we sometimes scan over words, and even sentences in books we adore. Books that we have never read and should really devote all our attention to. Books that we have reread so many times that we lost count years ago. This is not the book to do this in. This is THE book where you need to read every single verb, noun, adjective, etc. Don't even think about skipping the "THEs", "ANDs", and the "ORs".

Every single word that is written is with absolute purpose. Every word pertaining to Sunshine should be revered. Every word about Josh should be considered. Every word about anyone or anything in this book is there because it's important. All the words in the 58 chapters (59 if you count the Prologue) make this one of the most amazing stories I've ever read.

There were parts that had me laughing in stitches. I didn't have any "black shit", but it was still very ugly. It was excruciatingly heartbreaking. My e-reader came close to multiple untimely deaths with the wall because I didn't have the emotional capacity to deal with the myriad of emotions that this book so eloquently conveyed.

I honestly feel like my axis has shifted from just reading this book - thank you for giving me extraordinary.


1 comment:

  1. Great review, Liis! So heartfelt and thoughtful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete