Friday 15 November 2013

Embrace (book 2) & Entangled (book 2.5) by S.E. Hall

My husband doesn't read my blog so I can say this and not worry about it coming back to bite me in the ass.

I'm not perfect.

So in one of my not-so-perfect moments, I did something I warn others against all the time; I judged books by their covers. More specifically, this entire series. The covers screamed YA to me. And well, I just don't read that genre.

Now - I've included the covers in the post so you know exactly what you should be one-clicking. 

And then I actually read the book. Not YA at all.

Emerge (book 1) starts off when the characters are younger, but I'd say 98% of the story takes place in college. And all 3 books have, uh, scenes, that are not YA in the least. Actually, they are the opposite of YA.

So in hopes of getting more people to read this series, I promise the following:
  1. These books are not YA
  2. These books are laced with funny dialogue
  3. These books have Evan and Dane. Both who have MASSIVE book-boyfriend potential....shit - forget potential, I'm a devoted fan of Team Dane
  4. Now this is the last thing, and it might be considered a bit scandalous. Your significant other will also appreciate this book *wink wink, nudge nudge*.
Still don't believe me? OK - here are legitimate Facebook conversations. Sure it's only 3, but I can attest that Maria is VERY picky :) I've tried to remove the spoilers!

 













1 comment:

  1. Dane was HOT - no question BUT I am definitely Team Evan! Not one selfish bone in his body and what a natural at Romance! Loved all the books in the Evolve series and can't wait for Entice and to meet up with Sawyer again! <3
    Sue Stewart

    ReplyDelete